Hi all

I have developed a newsletter for my client created dynamicly with PHP and MySQL. Everything was ok since I need to send the newssletter to the unclosed recipients. The problem is that I need elaborate the message with the newsletter inside (CSS,photos,etc) because the archive that contains the Newsletter have some loops and query to the data base. One time the Newsletter is sended and recived I can only vusualize the HTML but the PHP is missing, there is not readed.

What is the process for visualize this kind of dynamic newsletters?

Thanks all

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

PHP's a server side language, so any PHP you write will either be (a) left as-is or (b) processed. If your newsletter contains PHP code to be executed dynamically by the recipient, it's likely to not work. In that case, direct them to a webpage you know works.

(You could use Javascript, too, but many users have it turned off and don't like turning it on.)

PHP's a server side language, so any PHP you write will either be (a) left as-is or (b) processed. If your newsletter contains PHP code to be executed dynamically by the recipient, it's likely to not work. In that case, direct them to a webpage you know works.

(You could use Javascript, too, but many users have it turned off and don't like turning it on.)

Using server side scripts it's not the right way to send eNewsletters, expacially if the number of recipients is over than 10.000. You will have deliverability problems or bandwidth converns (depends on which smtp server you use).

:!: Don't make my mistakes, use an outsourced service if you are looking for a professional solution. I suggest www.mailupnet.com which does not have a pay per message or pay per contact pricing model, but you pay only a flat monthly fee and you can send whatever you like.

Victor

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.