I'm not exactly sure if this is a problem with php, or javascript, or FF, or what, exactly. I have a little php script that lets users input information like a form, and then generate an HTML pedigree. In a perfect world, they then click the "View Source" button and copy/paste the applicable HTML into their own web pages. Unfortunately, the world is not quite perfect; it seems to work in IE - on one of my computers the button creates an error, but right-click "View Source" works just fine. In FF, though, the "php echo" information doesn't show up - the HTML is there, but the information from the form is missing. (However, I have the HTML validator FF extension, and that shows the "php echo" information.)

Page is here: http://www.newcastleboxers.com/PedBuild/pedbuild3.html - you can use single letters for the info just so there's a space-filler.

Alternatively, and maybe better, would be putting only the relevant section of the HTML on the page to copy/paste, but I haven't been able to figure that out yet!

Any thoughts?

You should not rely on the user's browser to render the HTML. You should do it yourself for two reasons:

(1) It's best a snippet, they may not want a whole page.
(2) Some users use web filter software that changes the HTML to avoid bad things.

It did seem to work in my browser, but I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for or not.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.