Hi I'm using JSP with Mysql.The Compile time no error.but in the run time the exception has been thrown,

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

i've set the classpath as well and i've attached jar file in the tomcat lib directory

These are the class path settings

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar;C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\common\lib\jsp-api.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;C:\Program Files\javamail-1.4\lib\mailapi.jar;C:\Program Files\javamail-1.4\lib\dsn.jar;C:\Program Files\javamail-1.4\lib\imap.jar;C:\Program Files\javamail-1.4\lib\pop3.jar;C:\Program Files\javamail-1.4\lib\smtp.jar;C:\Program Files\javamail-1.4\mail.jar;C:\Program Files\jaf-1.1\activation.jar;C:\Program Files\mysql-connector-java-5.0.3\mysql-connector-java-5.0.3-bin.jar;C:\Program Files\mysql-connector-java-5.0.3\src\lib\;C:\Program Files\mysql-connector-java-5.0.3\src\org\gjt\mm\mysql\;.

pls give some suggestion if i made any mistake
thanks in advance
regards
rex

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Did you include the drive in your java code?

Did you include the drive in your java code?

Not sure what you mean. If you are hinting at importing driver classes in the code, it is not required. But if you mean having the driver JAR in the classpath, it should be in the Tomcat common lib. The workstation environment is ignored by Tomcat.

Part of my reply is addressing the original post.

need to create an instance for it, that's what I meant

something like

Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();

or depends on the drive name
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.