well i have done asp coding in asp but when i want 2 run in internet explorer it does not work

http://localhost:8080/UCComplain/UserComplain.asp

well i have copied folder to wwwroot and iis 5 is also running but
how i run asp file to see result in ie5 what is the problem

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What error you are getting when you try to run asp page?

May be the problem is “the Active server pages is disable in Web service extension”

To enable and disable a Web service extension

1. In IIS Manager, expand the local computer, and then click Web Service Extensions.
  2. In the details pane, click the Web Service Extension that you want to enable or disable.
  3. To enable a disabled Web service extension, click Allow.
  4. To disable an enabled Web service extension, click Prohibit.
  5. Click OK.

Note:- This is not only reason of error, so please feel free to post the error you are getting

Rahul

well i m using winxp i did not find iis manager where is it

What error you are getting when you try to run asp page?

May be the problem is “the Active server pages is disable in Web service extension”

To enable and disable a Web service extension

1. In IIS Manager, expand the local computer, and then click Web Service Extensions.
  2. In the details pane, click the Web Service Extension that you want to enable or disable.
  3. To enable a disabled Web service extension, click Allow.
  4. To disable an enabled Web service extension, click Prohibit.
  5. Click OK.

Note:- This is not only reason of error, so please feel free to post the error you are getting

Rahul

well i m using winxp i did not find iis manager where is it

You may find here:

Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager

If still not visible so install it.

Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components > Application server > Internet information services (IIS) > OK > Next > Finish

For more details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307894

Rahul

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.