Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of any simple load bars available for download. I don't want to use Flash and I am updating the website in Front Page.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

'cause i think flash loadbars would be used in flash content only, he needs soething that shows the progress of whole page i.e. html images etc...

'cause i think flash loadbars would be used in flash content only, he needs soething that shows the progress of whole page i.e. html images etc...

Ya I agree with you!
Of Corse flash preloaders only useful for the flash movie not for complete html page, and the links i have given in last post Both links for the preloader of whole HTML page, but still not sure that’s useful or not :)

Regards,
Rahul

These are called "progress bars", and they really can't be accurate. There is no way to pre-determine how long a page will take to load on any particular client browser. Also, browsers wait until the entire page is loaded before processing scripts or events.

Therefore, "progress bars" have gone out of style in the web development community. Usually, if a page is known to be large, a "Please Wait" message of some site, with or without animation, is used instead of a progress bar.

Hey can anyone help me...
I have created an HTML webstie and I have a flash introduction which is sitting inside an HTML page. It loads fine but take a long time if you are on a slow connection so I want to use a loading/progress bar. I have tried a million tutorials online and have had issues with ALL of them not working - I got one to work but then components of my flash intro stopped working. Does anyone have any suggestions?? it can't be that hard people do them all the time! I just dont know what I am missing :(
Thanks heaps!!

dont use a flash intro, it will just PO everybody
but,
I use an animated .gif of a clock
just to give feedback that something is happening
still it ads 24KB to the pages size

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.