When I try to add a new data source from MySQL I get this error:

Connection verification failed for data source: entry
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid authorization specification: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid authorization specification: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

root has all global priveleges
when adding the data source i use the username: root and password is blank
any ideas?

but when i enter in the password for MySQL i get this error when adding the data source:

Connection verification failed for data source: entry
java.sql.SQLException: Communication failure during handshake. Is there a server running on localhost:3306?
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Communication failure during handshake. Is there a server running on localhost:3306?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

nevermind got the solution right here:

There are two steps to configure ColdFusion MX to use MySQL 5:

• Including the MySQL Connector J in the ColdFusion server classpath
  • Using the ā€œOtherā€ driver type from the drop down list to specify the driver class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Steps to Configure ColdFusion MX for MySQL

1. Download the MySQL Connector J JDBC driver
  2. Make the JDBC driver available to CFMX through the classpath by saving mysql-connector-java-3.0-bin.jar in either $CFMX_HOME/runtime/servers/lib/ for CFMX Server Configuration or $JRUN_HOME/servers/lib/ for CFMX on JRun Configuration. This makes the driver available to all JRun server instances.
  3. Restart CFMX server
  4. Add new datasource using the driver option Other (Not the MySQL driver!)
  5. Add the JDBC URL: jdbc:mysql://[host]:[port]/[database]
  6. Add the Driver Class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
  7. Complete username/password, and adjust other dsn settings if needed.
  8. Submit datasource for verification

You need to download the J Connector. Search google for it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.