i know this is not a question u'll enjoy,but i am new to asp.net but i need a connectio string to start my project ,so can anybody plz tell me how to get connection string while using sql server 2005.plzz

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello Amitha,
you can create the connection string in web.config file.
for eg:
<appSettings>
<add key = "ConnectionString" value = "Persist Security Info=False; User ID=sa; Password=; Initial Catalog=NTBS; Data Source=(local)" />
</appSettings>

and you can call the connection string using
ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["ConnectionString"];
command..

thanx for your reply sushanth,i have 1 more question for u,i developed one window aoolication using firbird database as stanalone server,so when i try to do any really fast on my running application(like click on datagrig values very contineously,than my application got hangs.and run again only when i restart my machine.can u help me this case also.................?

<appSettings/>
<connectionStrings>
<add name="pubsConnectionString1" connectionString="Data Source=P4C800E\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=pubs;Integrated Security=True"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.