please,help me i want to convert date(string) to date (date time), this date i make setting for day with one (constant)
to use it in database i write in html
<html>
<head>
<SCRIPT type="text/javascript">
function startDate()
{
var d=new Date()
var y=d.getYear()
var m=d.getMonth()+1
var day=1
var date=m+"/"+day+"/"+y
document.write("date is: "+date)
// OUTPUT WILL BE 4/1/2007 THIS IS STRING I NEEED IT DATETIME //
var dat=Date.parse(date);
document.write("date is: "+dat)
// OUTPUT WILL BE 1175378400000 //
// PLEASE HELP ME TO GET TRUE RESULT //
}
</SCRIPT>
</head>
<body onload="startDate()" >
</body>
</html>

OK, it seems you posted twice this time with more detail... this should be posted to the Javascript lists rather than JSP lists... BUT, a date object, or datetime is just a long numberic value... counting (usually) seconds or militseconds sine the "Epoc" time... usually Jan, 1 1970 00:00:00...

You have actually got what you need for a database, which you do an insert SQL with passing the long value to a datetime column, depending upon the database should result int he correct DB value being saved... you are confusing, I think, human readability with machine readability...

The first one you show, your string is human readable, while the number is how the machine will see it when it is properly converted to a date object...

In Java, when we have a date object which represents a given date, the toString will show it as 2007-04-01 while we insert it into the DB as a timestamp with setTimestamp(1, date.getTime())...
The getTime() method of the Date object returns a "long" with is just a number with lots of places... this is what the DB requires to understand the time....

Peace,

hi,
how can i convert
("dat" has 1175378400000)

dat again to date (i.e.,4/1/2007)
thanx in advance

please,help me i want to convert date(string) to date (date time), this date i make setting for day with one (constant)
to use it in database i write in html
<html>
<head>
<SCRIPT type="text/javascript">
function startDate()
{
var d=new Date()
var y=d.getYear()
var m=d.getMonth()+1
var day=1
var date=m+"/"+day+"/"+y
document.write("date is: "+date)
// OUTPUT WILL BE 4/1/2007 THIS IS STRING I NEEED IT DATETIME //
document.write("date is: "+dat)
// OUTPUT WILL BE 1175378400000 //
// PLEASE HELP ME TO GET TRUE RESULT //
}
</SCRIPT>
</head>
<body onload="startDate()" >
</body>
</html>

var theDate = new Date(dat);
//where dat is a long numeric sequence representing the epochmilliseconds.

commented: thnkx bro +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.