Hi All,

I have built a section for my site which is to be used by administrators, In which I have a page where I can update records within my Access DB. All of the fields work fine apart from..... The radio buttons.

Currently when updating a record and selecting for example the radio button marked "Yes", on execute I am sent to the admin homepage (which is what i want it to do) but when I view the record again in the update section the radio buttons have switched back to their original state "No"!

The database is updating correctly and I have set the value of the buttons to -1 and 0.

I had this working for a short while until I added a new Radio button field and now none of them work! (I have given both sets of radio buttons different names).

I am using Deamweaver MX2004 to create these if this is any help!

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Andy

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The main problem with this sort of thing is asp is that you don't have data types for variables. That means whenever you do a compare to determine which radio button to select you must cast the data into the same types.

Hence

If databaseField1 = -1 Then

Needs to be

If cInt(databaseField1) = -1 Then

This needs to be done all the time in ASP, it can drive you a little nuts :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.