hi everyone

how to display mysql query results in a html or jsp page. using java script or any other
if u have working code or sample code please send me

please help me . its very urgent

regards

Manjunath

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

hi everyone

how to display mysql query results in a html or jsp page. using java script or any other
if u have working code or sample code please send me

please help me . its very urgent

regards

Manjunath

manjunath, first read rules about homeworks
Than, answer the question. Do you know anything about Java and JSP?
Answers:
yes then you need to read about servlets and how to retrive data from database, you may start over here plus there is plenty more just ask, but do not use anything older then 2005 or it will be out of date
no then you better of using other technologies such as PHP, Perl (I think you little familiar with Perl made few psots in that section of forum) or AJAX. Why? It will take you long time to understand how to do it in Java...

My personal opinion, it is bad idea to try get data from database with JavaScript

PS: In the future avoid double posting in other section of the forum. Thank you.

Ajax won't do anything database related as it's purely a clientside technology...
It will however interface with serverside components in other languages that can do things with databases...

And no, php and Perl are not viable alternatives to Java.
php is terrible, spaghetti code galore.
Perl is write-only code.
Both are a disaster to maintain.

Using something like iBatis or Hibernate (or even plain JDBC) it's quite easy to use databases with Java.

There has been a lot of talk about ROR(Ruby on Rails). It has been said that a Java Web based application which was developed in 4 months, was developed in 4 days using ROR.

If you are yet to start on learning a new server side technology and have a time constraint, trying out ROR wouldn't be a bad idea.

Sorry jwenting I was not saying that he should use PHP and Perl in relation to Java. What I tried to say is, that if he do not understand Java and there is no long period of time to spare learn it, he will be better of using PHP or Perl to retrive data from DB. They do not requere so much to learn and looks like he has some experience with Perl

There has been a lot of talk about ROR(Ruby on Rails). It has been said that a Java Web based application which was developed in 4 months, was developed in 4 days using ROR.

If you are yet to start on learning a new server side technology and have a time constraint, trying out ROR wouldn't be a bad idea.

The difference of course being that the Java application was well architectured, easy to maintain, and performant while the ROR application was a mess, impossible to maintain, and can't survive under load.

|>The difference of course being that the Java application was well
|>architectured, easy to maintain, and performant while the ROR
|>application was a mess, impossible to maintain, and can't survive
|>under load.

That I hear from each and every Java programmer. ;-)

But considering that many professional sites have been made using ROR, there is no harm in atleast trying it out, esp if the OP has yet to learn a language.

commented: Good point +6
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.