I got this script from JavaScript Kit.com. The script refers to entering a userid and password to access one page. I have multiple acquaintances with each getting their own userid and password (it doesn't matter that it isn't encrypted). I am making one page that has the script on it. I would like to modify the code to receive various userid/password combinations to access respective pages.

The original code:

<script language="javascript">
<!--//
/*This Script allows people to enter by using a form that asks for a
UserID and Password*/
function pasuser(form) {
if (form.id.value=="JavaScript") {
if (form.pass.value=="Kit") {
location="page2.html"
}

I wonder if all I need to do is add a couple lines:
<script language="javascript">
<!--//
/*This Script allows people to enter by using a form that asks for a
UserID and Password*/
function pasuser(form) {
if (form.id.value=="JavaScript") {
if (form.pass.value=="Kit") {
location="page2.html"
} if(form.id.value=="example1") {
if (form.pass.value=="pass1") {
location="page3.html"
} if(form.id.value=="example2") {
if (form.pass.value=="pass2") {
location="page4.html"
}

Am I going in the right direction?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Never ever use javascript top password protect pages. Getting around it is as easy as turning javascript off or just viewing the source code. Use server side password protect like Basic Authentication through .htaccess or a server side programming language like PHP.

commented: Excellent points +12

They said encryption was not an issue. So just to answer the question, yes, you are going in the right direction. Just check on those braces if it is not working correctly.

Encryption or not you can still unencrypt it or turn javascript off to defeat it. JavaScript password protection is always a bad idea.

I am not disputing that fact. ;)

you have any idea where i learn PHP first time?
I have only HTML idea

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.