Hey my name is Jon.I have been looking into learning some computer languages and want some help.I am 15 years old and i would like to learn php but i think i have to learn html first.Cause i really would like to make a online game and make money lol.If any one can help please post under here :)

Thanks so much Jon

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I would recomend xHTML and CSS and then move onto PHP and MySQL, it makes everything much easier espechially with PHP, unless you start making plain text pages which aren't really much use

Is their a easy way of learning them like books or any thing else.I would like to learn them in month or 2.If you have any help tips of learning them fast please post them.

Thanks Jon

hi everyone,
You are only 15 years old. You should be playing and enjoying your life instead of worrying to make money. But just in case you can use java 2 as its quite highly developed and try learning other programming languages to run them in your main java 2 thread. PHP also works but java is easier to learn

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

Is their a easy way of learning them like books or any thing else.I would like to learn them in month or 2.If you have any help tips of learning them fast please post them.

Thanks Jon

you cant expect to learn anything that will in the long run make you money in under 2 months. Programming/Scripting/Markup-languages all take time to learn and are not easy at first. it takes a set of thinking where you can be able to attack a problem from all angles and not be affraid to fail. if you mess up doing somthing you cant be affraid to ask questions, and you cant be affraid to try somthing easier so that you can learn instead of just shooting to make the big things. Just take your time, do tutorials, read the smallest of the books you can find, getting huge books does nothing but put you to sleep, your going to want a small book that has lots of tutorials and gets right to the point with the info. If you look into a larger book, dont get a book thats how to do it, but more of a principals of programming book, books that will help you to understand what types of things go into a program, how to attack problems and where to start. books that give examples for real world problems, that relate to code.

just my .2 cents.

good luck though, if you end up liking to write code as much as some of the members here, your in for an awesome ride.

I had started using HTML when I was about twelve, so it may not be applicable, but two years ago a client came to us needing a database-driven website for statistics, scheduling, rosters, etc. for their entire basketball league. We began working with them about two months before the season kicked off, and I don't believe I have ever studied more in that time than any other. I bought a huge PHP book that taught everything from programming basics (like you find in every single programming book) to using a MySQL database (with a great tutorial on using MySQL). I don't have the book with me, as it's at work in our library, but it helped a great deal to read something thorough.

I also had a C++ experience, so maybe I'm not the typical example. However, I do believe that if you want to learn XHTML, CSS, and PHP in two months it could easily be done, if you don't mind reading three five-hundred page books (which I happen to do all the time :D )

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.