i saved my txt file as hey.php and i used a ftp on lycos to bring it up and it say hey.php.txt and it wont open whats wrong? :confused:

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

i saved my txt file as hey.php and i used a ftp on lycos to bring it up and it say hey.php.txt and it wont open whats wrong? :confused:

First I don't know if lycos supports php but unless you have a paid account I doubt it and secondly, you have the wrong file name it should be hey.php not hey.php.txt you need to get rid of the .txt at the end.

HTH

Ben

it wasent there every1 was telling me that it is .php no . txt on the end but when i load it thats what happened .php.txt

it wasent there every1 was telling me that it is .php no . txt on the end but when i load it thats what happened .php.txt

Yes that is because notepad often saves it with the .txt extention you need to remove that.

Ben

First I don't know if lycos supports php but unless you have a paid account I doubt it and secondly, you have the wrong file name it should be hey.php not hey.php.txt you need to get rid of the .txt at the end.

HTH

Ben

Lycos do support php, the only free one i found to do it.

how do i remove it it wont let me

Open notepad, paste your code in. Click save as, scroll to the folder which you want to save to, type in hey.php in file name and click save.

Open notepad, paste your code in. Click save as, scroll to the folder which you want to save to, type in hey.php in file name and click save.

And change Save As Type to all files not txt

ah ok thanx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.