Hi
I have been tasked with a task of creating a timesheet That must automatically be diplay for every user per month, their monthly timesheet, setting the weekends to Off and the week days to the default hours of the individual, and it must also be edited and these hour varies. I am using VB .Net
The thing is I do not know how I am going to have this done when the user do not have to insert his time at any time during the month. I do not know how to preset the times in a table and have these preset times populate a time sheet for an individual. I have proposed to my supervisor that it would be easier for me to have the user insert his time at the end of the day but he does not want it that way. He wants the user to use his employee id to log in and have his timesheet already populated. All he has to do is edit it if needs be. I have no idea how I am going to have this records displayed when I do not have them stored any where. Can someone please help? I am really lost here.
Thanks

Why not have another table with each users default time, call it users_default_hours. Then, when you create a record into your actual timesheet table, just copy the users record from the users_default_hours table. The only thing that would be different in the timesheet table would be the date the empolyee logged in. Then create forms to edit the timesheet table. Do you know what I mean?

--gino.d

Why not have another table with each users default time, call it users_default_hours. Then, when you create a record into your actual timesheet table, just copy the users record from the users_default_hours table. The only thing that would be different in the timesheet table would be the date the empolyee logged in. Then create forms to edit the timesheet table. Do you know what I mean?

--gino.d

I do not fully understand what you mean. What I have done so for is preset the time in a table and I can pull the data out for a specific month, but do don't know how to associate that month to a user. Especially when it come to updating the record.

Can you list the current tables that you are using to track the time. Also, the fields.

Can you list the current tables that you are using to track the time. Also, the fields.

How do I go about doing that

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.