Hi.
I have retrieve my data from excel files to a vb richtextbox but the text with boldness,italics or sup/sub-scripts format are not proper is their any
way i can retrieve richtext(text having boldness,italics or sup/sub-scripts) on vb form ???

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi.
I have retrieve my data from excel files to a vb richtextbox but the text with boldness,italics or sup/sub-scripts format are not proper is their any
way i can retrieve richtext(text having boldness,italics or sup/sub-scripts) on vb form ???

are you using webform, or windows forms?

actually right now i ready to work with any of the forms i just want it to work pls reply??

you should add HTML tags to your text in order to display the formatted text in a Webform:

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Collections;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

public partial class InsertRecord : System.Web.UI.Page
{
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
string strVar = "<b>Hello <sup>World</sup></b>";
Label1.Text = strVar.ToString();
Response.Write(strVar.ToString());
}
}

Regards,
Khaled

You mean from a RichTextbox control (or whatever the name is)? There should be a RichText (or similar) property, which will give you the contents with formatting codes still included (as opposed to the Text property, which is just the plaintext). Converting that to HTML will probably require another function, which someone might have put on the Internet somewhere...

Can someone give me that code to convert excel to HTML plz

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.