Hi guys,

Please, I need your help.

I made a web site with a login page. In my laptop it works perfectly, bu when I move the site to other computer, and I put the user name, the password and submit it doesn´t move to the next page.

I´m using Apache 2.2.4, PHP5.2.1 and MySQL 5. 1, and I´m developing with Dreamweaver MX2004.

Can you please tell me what I can be doing wrong? I´m new on this...

Thnks
Nuno

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

no errors are thrown ? can you post some code ?

Did you hash the password? using MD5 or SHA1...

Is your username and password text field inside a form?
Does the Form property METHOD box says POST?
Does the form property ACTION box says <?php echo $loginFormAction; ?>

Check those things, else try to send some of the codes?

Best Regards,

Berhe

Does the form property ACTION box says <?php echo $loginFormAction; ?>

why would the action attribute have to contain this ?

The Username and password text fields should be kept within a form. And that form have to know what action to do, like for example to insert a record, the form action should be;
<?php echo $editFormAction; ?>

Thanks,

Berhe

not necessarily. You may want to validate with js or post to another page

I agree, I am only giving an option.

Thanks,

Berhe.

Hi guys,

Please, I need your help.

I made a web site with a login page. In my laptop it works perfectly, bu when I move the site to other computer, and I put the user name, the password and submit it doesn´t move to the next page.

I´m using Apache 2.2.4, PHP5.2.1 and MySQL 5. 1, and I´m developing with Dreamweaver MX2004.

Can you please tell me what I can be doing wrong? I´m new on this...

Thnks
Nuno

LOL
It's because on your laptop you have a database with a table admin(or whatever you name it ) which contains the info to be checked when a user tries to log in .

When you take your script on another computer,you only take the php code , but not the table admin.U can export the sql you used to create the table in phpmyadmin using ,of course,the export comand.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.