Hello there
in my html page i use the following link
<LINK href=c:\"Calendar.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>

i would like to avoid rediracting to the file css ,so my question where i should put all the information in my htmal page

after? the <body> ?before the <body>?
which tag to use?

Thanks ahead

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello,
first of all, in-order to keep of with w3c's newest regulations, try this:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="c:\Calendar.css"/>

Anyhow, put it in the <head> section.

Shaffer.

> i would like to avoid rediracting to the file css
What do you mean by 'redirecting' to the CSS file? The markup you wrote 'links' to an external CSS file. If you don't want to, just remove the line or comment it. Plus the way you provide your 'href' is wrong since "\C" is an illegal escape character and your HTML file would never be able to find the stylesheet and it's a bad practice to use absolute paths. Use relative paths. <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="./css/Globals.css" />

Thanks
when i do it the table appera without the grid,somethimg that dont happpen if i use the link.

do you have any idea way?
Thanks

You must be using IE. IE is famous for running and supporting all that is 'non-standard'. That behavior is not guaranteed for all browsers. Post your code if you still have queries.

There are errors in this:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="c:\Calendar.css"/>

That code is referencing a file on your own computer's hard disk. It won't work for anyone else. The string "c:\Calendar.css" is a DOS or Windows disk path. The Internet doesn't know what those are. The only place this works is if the page is open on the Windows computer the files are actually stored on.

Many servers don't have the foggiest notion of what a "c:" drive is.

You need a space before the /> portion of the tag. Otherwise, IE generates an error condition.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.