hi everyone..
i m new to asp.net
and i decide to do poject in .net
but i m short of ideas.
plz suggest me........

Recommended Answers

All 26 Replies

No ideas? Are you wanting to create a website or a web service, or an application?

i want to create a website..
my teacher told me to built a shopping cart related website..
but this is very common..
i want a something new or something differnet...
can u help me?

why not build a website that uses mathematical equations to help those who need it?

Like, have a built in calculator, have a monthly expense calculator, do finance stuff like interest rates, etc.

Or build an online calendar for people to bookmark and use. Make it with tons of functionality.

Build a site for a gaming community where people can download and upload custom maps, models, skins, rate them and comment on them.

How about a site where people can comment on their jobs, say what they do, how much they make, where they work, and the pros and cons of their jobs.

How far do you want to go into this site? Do you want it to be very simple or very complex? How much time do you have to do it? These will all play a role on what to do.

Thnxs dear..
Ur ideas seems great...
I really like this idea to built a website where people can comment on their jobs, say what they do, how much they make, where they work, and the pros and cons of their jobs.....
i want to tel u that i have 3 months in hand..
i have to complete my project before 20 jan....
and also i don't have much experience in asp.net
so simple site wil be fine for me....
can u tel me from where i start the project..
what things should keep in mind?
plz tel me in detail..

I can't give you all the details as it is something you're going to have to look up. Take a search on the net and see if there are any sites about job experiences and see what they have. Your best bet is to follow some of this below:

- standard site with about 10 pages (home, contact, about, privacy, terms of use, search, forums, user accounts, update account into, rankings), etc.
- search function for database to pull comments, experiences, salaries, etc.
- maybe install a forum software for people to share that way.

Since most of the information is dynamic, it requires little page production, but huge backend coding. Your biggest delays are going to be with uploading, verifying information, and preventing hacking attempts. Otherwise, it's straight forward displaying information, which just binds to controls. Which leaves you left with design. If you do not wish to design, purchase a template and edit where you need to.

thnxs dear...
ur info. is really benificial to me..
i hope u vil continue to help me like this....

I am here to help if you get stuck. bring it on

hi...
actually i hv never develop any project before..
this is my first try...
now plz tel me from where i start
i hv searched many sites and i hv an idea of design phase...
bt tel me wat i do at backend
wats are the tables require etc...
just tel me the steps

You can make a clone of railway reservation web site.

no that is so common..
i want a something new..

Tables in database at minimum: Users, Jobs, Stories, Comments

This is what I would do:
1. Implement design into standard pages that aren't TOO dependent on backend database technology.
2. Build the database -> tables.. columns.. etc.
3. Insert 20-50 records of BS data into each table.
4. Build the User Section first.
5. Implement backend data in the previous built pages, EXCEPT for the main front page.
6. Build all the other pages and change design as you need to as you go.
7. Check to make sure no other features/columns are needed for each page already built.
8. Build your front page.
9. have a drink and get paid.

Now for your bigger pages, just bind the data to controls such as the repeater and datalist. For this type of site, there would be no need for a datagrid. I prefer repeater as it is easier for me to design, but datalist works just as well as long as you know its features.

is i need master page?

I hate masterpages, but you can use them if you would like.

i also hate master pages
i m stil confusing in desing phase..
plz help me to select my home page.

What do you mean, help you select your home page?

ya... home page... what it contained.. i m talking abt its content.....
can u tel me in detail?

Have you done your research? I would only be shooting in the dark as I have not been thinking about your project at all.

Front page should include mostly what your site is about, what people can do by joining, and possibly a quick rank on the left hand side to top salaries or jobs. Otherwise, if you put too much information on the home page, it could shoo people away or, even worse, limit the amount of traffic browsing deep into your site. The good thing about this idea is that you can eventually get paid per click or per link per month on your site. Think about the traffic too.

As i already told u i never built any project before.
can u provide me any projct in asp.net with c# coding just for understanding how project is built.
i thnk it vil be very beneficial to me...

Nope, sorry. I don't use Visual studio. I actually code by hand. As for projects go, to me a project is just a bunch of files put together, so why not just create the files as you need them?

And I don't use C#, just VB.NET :)

Sorry I can't help.

ok its fine..
can i know more abt u?
i mean wat r u doing now a days?

I work from home building websites, managing websites through my clients, graphic design, all while watching my two kids and chilling with my wife.

Oh and helping those on this forum!

hi...
actually i hv never develop any project before..
this is my first try...
now plz tel me from where i start
i hv searched many sites and i hv an idea of design phase...
bt tel me wat i do at backend
wats are the tables require etc...
just tel me the steps

Hint: Try this site http://www.asp.net

This site is full of tutorials and video tutorials as well... Have fun...

I work from home building websites, managing websites through my clients, graphic design, all while watching my two kids and chilling with my wife.

Oh and helping those on this forum!

oh its great...
how much money u make in a month?

can u design the home page of my project?
just first page only how it looks......
i.e its theme and skin...
plz do it for me......

Sorry, I do not have time for that. I make about 5-7 grand a month depending on which clients are in need.

If you wish, search a website that holds templates, like www.template-monster.com and choose a template for your site. Then modify whatever you need to.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.