Browsing an aspx page results with the following error:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

When I checked the Event Viewer, I get "Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x792887d5)". Please advice how to resolve this.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

ASP Pages are great in that you can actually view the error in your browser. It will give you the Error, the line the Error is on, and it will even show you the character position of the error. But, you have to turn a feature off so that you can see it.

Go to your Internet Options: Tools > Internet Options (from your Internet Explorer window).

Then click on the Advanced tab.

Scroll down and find "Show friendly HTTP error messages" and UNCHECK that box.

Click OK, then refresh the ASP Page that is giving you the error, you should see something like this:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0401' 

Expected end of statement 

/documents/errorTest.asp, line 5 

Test my error
--------^

Here is the link to the asp page I created: http://www.certguard.com/documents/errorTest.asp

Good Luck!

If it is a aspx page, that is asp.net, not asp (classic asp). Therefore, the error that you see is a hidden error generated by the .net framework. In order to change this, you will have to edit your web.config file to show errors. This just means that there is a simple error located in you rpage, but is currently being blocked from viewers seeing the source of the error. Check this at the asp.net forum, not the asp forum. It will be much harder to get an answer here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.