Hello, I'm reading the book "Assembly Language Step-by-Step" and I'm using the softwares that the author suggests (nasm as assembler, nasm-ide for editing, alink for linking), but I'm having a problem right in the first example - he gives a working code (eat2.asm) and asks me to type a wrong statement (mvo ax,bx) and assembling it with Nasm-IDE should give an error, the problem is that when assembling it with Nasm-IDE it always says that "No errors occurred.". In fact, when i try assembling anything with Nasm-IDE it gives the same problem (I defined the path of Nasm in Options -> Assembler).

The weird thing is that the assembler works flawlessly when I assemble using the prompt directly (typing nasm -f bin eat2.asm -o eat2.com) - it sees the error in the statement, but using Nasm-ID it just doesn't work. Any ideas?

Bandidoquest
There is a fix for the problem you encountered with "Assembly Language Step by Step second edition". I have attached a text file describing what I did to fix this problem. I sent you three files I used to install NASM and NASMIDE . I had to zip up the T-NASM_IDE_0.0.2.3.exe file to get it to go into my reply. You can extract it from the zip fileby the same name.

Hopefully this will get you going. I am not sure how you can get back to me if you need more help. I suspect you can do it somehow thru this site. Good Luck.

Dick2009

No English setting within program menu. So you my have to play around with it to learn what each menu option does and is what I don't have time for.

Bandidoquest
There is a fix for the problem you encountered with "Assembly Language Step by Step second edition". I have attached a text file describing what I did to fix this problem. I sent you three files I used to install NASM and NASMIDE . I had to zip up the T-NASM_IDE_0.0.2.3.exe file to get it to go into my reply. You can extract it from the zip fileby the same name.

Hopefully this will get you going. I am not sure how you can get back to me if you need more help. I suspect you can do it somehow thru this site. Good Luck.

Dick2009

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.