Does anyone made such thing .
I must make it for may classwork but it's too heavy for me
Need your help :S

jephthah commented: boo. cheater. -2

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Those 40-pin DIPs are behemoths! You could break your back, trying to lift one.

Why exactly is it so difficult?

Does anyone made such thing .
I must make it for may classwork but I would rather copy someone else's solution and turn that in as my own work. I believe my instructors are too stupid to recognize plagiarism, so please just send me your codes

pathetic

Those 40-pin DIPs are behemoths! You could break your back, trying to lift one.

Why exactly is it so difficult?

It's so long and I don't know so good a language

pathetic

If it's so pathetic where is a code I asked, You can only joke on others,try wrote such program on first lavel language

So do you know how to write it in C, or another language of your choice?

An 8051 is pretty ancient, what sort of "display" and "input" do you have?

I even made a map on Assembly already but it's only one step to the end

We use a kind of already made hardware with 8051 so I can't change it

> We use a kind of already made hardware with 8051 so I can't change it
Yeah, but that doesn't tell ME what sort of display and input it has.

Presumably, one would have some visual indication of success or failure as you choose which "mine" to tread on next.

So what is it, a 5x5 matrix of LEDs or something?

no I don't use any display except monitor, I use a matrix of 10x10
matrix of memory where I hide mines and another same size matrix for user choice I must build 3 levels that like beginer,advanced,and expert each level have 5/10/15 mines

now you see it's not such simple

Why is it "not so simple"?

> I must build 3 levels that like beginer,advanced,and expert each level have 5/10/15 mines
This is a minor detail. Once you've done all the hard work of displaying a grid, choosing places to step on and all that stuff done, then whether you have 5 or 15 is largely irrelevant to the rest of the code.

Start with a function which displays your hidden mines on screen, say

??????????
??????????
??????????
??????????
??????????
??????????
??????????
??????????
??????????
??????????

Pick a spot, if it's good, replace it with a .

I need real code if you have such ?

I need real code if you have such ?

as opposed to the fake code we've been handing out so far?

look, how about you just give me your instructor's email address. then i'll create the program, document the source code, validate the executables, and zip everything up into a single tarball and send it to them directly, with instructions for them to give you full credit.

sound like a plan?

> I need real code if you have such ?
You seem to be confusing "need" with "want".

Spoon-fed answer on a plate is what you "want", so you can bugger off for the weekend chasing MOTAS.

What you "need", if you ever hope to be able to write a program yourself without hand-holding, is to get off your ass and make a start as some part of the problem.

I mean, if you actually posted code which say "draws the screen", it would at least indicate that you're pulling your own weight, and not sitting idly by waiting for someone else to do it.

This will take you some time to do, and thus far you've wasted a day trying to con someone else into doing it.

Get some paper, start writing down some ideas about what you think each part of the problem might be and how to solve it. Then try and write some code for it.

Sure you'll make mistakes (it's called learning, try it sometime), but with effort you should converge on an answer. And if you don't, we'll be here to help you.

I get the feeling that I've already spent more time on this thread than you, and that in turn is more time that you've spent thinking about the problem at hand.

I get the feeling that I've already spent more time on this thread than you, and that in turn is more time that you've spent thinking about the problem at hand.

i'm not one to brag, but let me refer you to Post #4

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.