Hello,
I use Nasm as my default Assembler, but with a couple days i was testing MASM and now i want to know how many users here use this Assembler.

Thanks,
Nathan Paulino Campos

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

well im using tasm..but i think tasm is really kinda old..i might try using masm..anyone knows the difference?the coding structure looks kinda same but the registers use are different..guess im going back to square one learning masm.. :D

Hello,
I use Nasm as my default Assembler, but with a couple days i was testing MASM and now i want to know how many users here use this Assembler.

Thanks,
Nathan Paulino Campos

I use masm. You can find the 32 bit version on the web, but the 64 bit version is only available as part of Visual Studio, so far as I know..

I for one use Masm. I am looking for a dissassembler which automatically divides code from dat. Does someone know if there is something like that around. I use DOS debug.exe but on veiwing the 'code' the data section is interpreted as code and data becomes mixed into the opcodes for the intel 8086 machine language, fooling me into believing that I've constructed some interesting looking stuff but it's actually garbage??? Other than manually doing the division, does anyone know if there are automatic ways of dividing the dx from the cx post compile?

Help needed.

PS: MASM is cool and simple and not that fussy. It will still allow for compile of object code, even if the syntax is not 100% (within reason of course), whereas NASM is strict and wont give you oject code.

GNU's gcc 'as' which has AT&T syntax

I've just started using MASM, this was due to the ability
to have multiple ORG directives, and was tempting
for when I make a piece of code that splits
apart it's executable to another segment in memory.
I also use and have used GAS/NGASM/NASM/A86,
and still plan on testing more.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.