Hello

I've got a project running at school where I've got to create Pacman, everything is going great. But I want to load an image to use as ghost, background or pacman.
Currently it's a square which is pretty stupid.
But how can I convert the image from jpg, gif or so to somthing that I can load into a piece of memory and than copy to the video memory to draw it instantly.
My teacher said something about raw which contains all the values of the pixels, but I don't really get it. Is there some kind of program that will convert it for me?

Thanks,

Jasper

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can call APIs in your OS to display images, or you can link up to some C libraries, maybe just link to some OpenGL libraries.

Maybe I forgot to mention, the OS we've got to work on is a simulated 8086 machine in Dosbox. And we're not allowed to use other languages than assembler. So no if's, conditionals or c-code, just pure assembler.

I dought DOSbox has an API for displaying jpgs. Just convert all the image files to raw images, or just pixel paint some images.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.