We have this subject called Computer Oraganization... we are now using dos debug commands but the problem with my laptop is that when I type debug command...it will prompt 'debug' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

The C:\Windows\system32 do not have a debug.exe

I did try copying the debug.exe from another laptop with dos debug command to my laptop but still it did not work. What should I do to have a dos debug command?

Thanks in advance :)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Yup, Microsoft has phased out debug.exe because Windows 7 no longer supports those ancient 16-bit programs.

You can download DosBox and run the 16-bit programs and debug.exe from there.

Yup, Microsoft has phased out debug.exe because Windows 7 no longer supports those ancient 16-bit programs.

AHHHH,,, I see...tnx ^^

tnx a lot it worked ^^

i've found this and it helped me. haha COOL

hello!! i have the same problem i already have a dosbox but will tasm work in dosbox? how? tnx!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.