Please inform me can we use C programming in all OS of Mobiles . Like J2ME, Symbian, I Phone, Apple..

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Yes you can use its source code to all os with some modification you need to compile the source with the corresponding os compiler then the specific compiler with generate the correct binary output

>Yes you can use its source code to all os
Assuming a compiler exists that targets the desired operating system. That's generally a safe assumption with C, but it does mean that you'll find systems where C isn't an option due to lack of developer tools.

Yes, everybody except those condemned to Hell.

They have to use "Brainluck" language. ;) ;) (but with an f in place for the l letter)

Wikipedia search it for a laugh.

If the compiler will generate the proper machine codes and the linker will produce the proper addresses then yes it will produce executable code....The only remaining obstacle is wrapping the executable code in a format recognized by the operating system...

If the compiler will generate the proper machine codes and the linker will produce the proper addresses then yes it will produce executable code....The only remaining obstacle is wrapping the executable code in a format recognized by the operating system...

Isn't that the job of the linker?

The program doesn't have to be compiled on the target operating system. There are cross-compilers which run on one os but compiles and links code for another os. I know of at least one os where there are no C compilers available, so the programmer's only choice is to write assembly code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.