Hi all,

Can anybody tell me how to calculate the order of a recursive function.
Lets take factorial function.

Without using recursion

int x =1;
for(int i = 1;i<=n;i++)
x = x*i;

In this case the order will the O(n) in terms of time and in terms of space it will be O(1).
Assuming I am right. Correct me otherwise.

Now suppose I implemet the same factorial with rtecursion

return(n==0? 1 : n * fact(n-1));

What will be the order in time and space????

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

There will be n recursive calls, so the order will be O(n ) for time complexity. Am i right?
In that case space complexity will also be of O(n)

That's right.

i need help please...i ask, to make a program that accepts a positive integers and displays all odd number between 1 to the integer entered (inclusive) accept the integer in main() and use a recursive function to identify and display the odd numbers.

tnx..salie

commented: Congratulations for resurrecting a dead thread! -2

i need help please...i ask, to make a program that accepts a positive integers and displays all odd number between 1 to the integer entered (inclusive) accept the integer in main() and use a recursive function to identify and display the odd numbers.

What have you done by now?
We can help you, but I assume, that no one writes the hole program for you. So try by yourself und ask about concrete problems.

tnx..salie

Don't resurrect old threads to just ask your question, you've already your own thread here:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/post906282.html.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.