Hey is there anybody who works with SDCC to make projects for 8051 microcontroller series on Macbook. If yes then can you please post the working make file, specially the part which loads the program in the device. I am confused what to write specifically with the program tag in the Makefile.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

This is a cross-platform build. You will need the GCC cross-platorm tool-chain to build this code, and DO NOT try to install the binaries on your Apple system unless you want "bad things" to happen! I build ARM binaries (kernel, etc) on my x86 Linux system frequently. Then, I move them to my ARM development system, test them out, and build the local applications in that environment directly.

And what exactly do you mean by "the program tag in the Makefile"?

First there is already a gcc version for 8051 series which is called sdcc....Click Here

By saying program tag in Makefile I meant that I can write a Makefile for compiling, building, linking but when it comes to programmig it on the chip I can not understand that how I will select the port in Mac & what will be the fuse bit config..?

For example

all: [I know what to write]

compile: [I know what to write]

link: [I know what to write]

clean: [I know what to write]

program: [ Here is my problem]

This is what I get when I run sdcc -v

SDCC:mcs51/z80/z180/r2k/r3ka/gbz80/tlcs90/ds390/pic16/pic14/TININative/ds400/hc08/s08/stm8 3.4.0 #8981 (Apr 16 2015) (Mac OS X x86_64)
published under GNU General Public License (GPL)

s

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.