I m a mcs student n thinking of doing a project ''controlling a pc using a mobile".

can u just give some guidance.
Thanks.

I wanted to know will this be a good idea,a good project topic.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Mobile what??? Particularly what OS does it have?
There's a lot of remote admin programs out there, just base it on those.

Its a bit vague. Through what kind of protocol do you want the mobile to communicate with the PC? via SMS (TXT) messaging? via phone call? And what level of controls are you looking at?

i m doing project in controlling pc via mobile .so pls tell some ideas & give documents to my id <<snip>>pls..........

i m doing project in controlling pc via mobile .so pls tell some ideas & give documents to my id ImSoLazy @ gmail.com pls..........

Why? It's your project. You're supposed to be learning something and showing some initiative with it - not hijacking someone else's thread to ask others to do your work for you.

Try searching around on your own and if you need some help post specific questions in the appropriate forums.

commented: +++ +19

Just a thought ...
One of friends has a SONY Walkman phone. He can do simple functions (play/ pause the media player ) by using his cell phone. So that might be a place to start

There is a two part application that you can install on your phone and pc... Its called bluetoothRC if Im correct. connects to the pc using com ports. Sure if you get info on it, it will lead you in the right direction

What aspects do you want to control?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.