Which is the best language for creating windows applications?
What is .NET framework?
Is there any software with which I can use to create win apps with using minimal code and drawing windows and menus and buttons etc without creating them using code. Something like Microsoft Visual Basic.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

for your last question dotNet is a very good solution. you can code with Visual Basic .Net.

dotNet Framework is windows component which lets you run application written in dotNet environment, like C# .NET or Visual Basic .Net

The .NET Framework combines a number of languages. If you want to create Windows GUI programs, C# would be the choice.

I parked a number of Csharp snippets on DaniWeb, click the Code Snippets on the top of this page. Look the short code samples over, and see if you understand the code.

Note that the windows components are all generated by the builder portion of the compiler by selecting and dragging components ala VB or Delphi.

The .NET framework is a software development platform focused on rapid application development, platform independence It includes many technologies that are designed to facilitate rapid development of Internet applications.
One such desktop application is Keepoint. It works as a standalone routine in integration with IE. It is a web research software used to save whatever you collect from Internet

There is no language called 'best'. That's the bottom line.

On a serious note, however, you can't get any easier than vb.net with visual studio. Of course, you might should listen to vegaseat. C# is definately catching on.

Back when I had no clue what "object oriented" meant, I looked at C# and was able to make reasonable applications with it. It's a comfortable language.

Which is the best language for creating windows applications?
What is .NET framework?
Is there any software with which I can use to create win apps with using minimal code and drawing windows and menus and buttons etc without creating them using code. Something like Microsoft Visual Basic.

In my opinion .net framework is of no use use if your aim is to develop applications which are to serve a large number of people as in most versions of windows .net framework is not a default component and it has to be installed separately which is some kind of a frustration to a normal person(not a developer). Maybe its simpler to develop applications simply with less code in .net languages but we can't aim a large number of clients. Till now I have also been not been able to understand the correct programming language which can help me to make both multi-platform feature-rich applications which may also be linked to some internet services without a binding framework like .net

<yoda>
Mmm, too late 3 years are you - still relevant you think not, mmm?
</yoda>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.