Please check the use case diagram I have drawn for the following system. I really want to request you to check the part of the Catalog System, Inventory System and Bar Code Reader. Is it necessary to draw that parts in the diagram? Is there any mistake in that parts in my program?
Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

A POS (Point-Of-Sale) system is a computer system typically used to manage the sales in retail stores. It includes hardware components such as a computer, a bar code scanner, a printer and also software to manage the operation of the store.
The most basic function of a POS system is to handle sales. When a customer arrives at a POS counter with goods to purchase, the cashier will start a new sale transaction. When the barcode of a good is read by the POS system, it will retrieve the name and price of this good from the backend catalog system and interact with inventory system to deduce the stock amount of this good. When the sale transaction is over, the customer can pay in cash, credit card or even check. After the payment is successful, a receipt will be printed. Note that for promotion, the store frequently issue gift coupons. The customer can use the coupons for a better price when purchasing goods.
Another function of a POS system is to handle returns…
A user must log in to use the POS. The users of a POS system are the employees of the store including cashiers and the administrator. The administrator can access the system management functions of the POS system including user management and security configuration that cashiers can’t do.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hey i have done the use case for this prob stmt.

wat u ve done has lots of mistake..

if u want den let me knw........ll mail u d diag................

Please check the use case diagram I have drawn for the following system. I really want to request you to check the part of the Catalog System, Inventory System and Bar Code Reader. Is it necessary to draw that parts in the diagram? Is there any mistake in that parts in my program?
Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

A POS (Point-Of-Sale) system is a computer system typically used to manage the sales in retail stores. It includes hardware components such as a computer, a bar code scanner, a printer and also software to manage the operation of the store.
The most basic function of a POS system is to handle sales. When a customer arrives at a POS counter with goods to purchase, the cashier will start a new sale transaction. When the barcode of a good is read by the POS system, it will retrieve the name and price of this good from the backend catalog system and interact with inventory system to deduce the stock amount of this good. When the sale transaction is over, the customer can pay in cash, credit card or even check. After the payment is successful, a receipt will be printed. Note that for promotion, the store frequently issue gift coupons. The customer can use the coupons for a better price when purchasing goods.
Another function of a POS system is to handle returns…
A user must log in to use the POS. The users of a POS system are the employees of the store including cashiers and the administrator. The administrator can access the system management functions of the POS system including user management and security configuration that cashiers can’t do.

commented: Offering free homework on a plate - by EMAIL! -4

Very bad start....

Do not post any email addresses on any forum.

I would like to see a diagram, would you be able to send? I want to develop a POS and inventory management sytem for a retail company. I am looking on guidelines how on how to start putting processes together.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.