HELLO I AM NEW TO THIS BUT I NEED HELP WITH MY ERD, I JUST DO NO UNDERSTAND THE SCEANARIO!!!

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS......

this is the scenario..............

A local education authority (LEA) has a database which centralizes admissions to courses that are offered by different colleges throughout the area. The database is used by all the LEA’s colleges of further education and sixth-form colleges to store details of the further education courses which are available, the applications which have been made for those courses and the progress of the applications which have been made for those courses.
Applications begin with a status of ‘applied’ and move through other stages such as ‘provisional offer’ (by a college), ‘provisional acceptance’ (of an offer by an applicant) and ‘final acceptance’ (of an offer by an applicant). The database runs on the LEA’s main server to which all colleges are linked through on-line terminals.
Application forms are completed by prospective students and sent to the college of their choice. When an application form is received, the admission clerks at the college enter the details of the applicant onto the database system. Details such as applicant’s name, address, age, exam results, the course(s) for which the applicant is applying and the college at which the applicant wishes to study are recorded.
At each college, each course has a course leader whose task it is to see that the quota of places on the course is met by the date on which the course is to commence. This process is quite difficult, since sufficient provisional offers have to be made to ensure that the number of final acceptances for each course is as near the quota as possible, but does not exceed it. A number of admissions tutors are available at each college to help the course leaders. The main task of the admission tutors is to assess the suitability of applicants for the courses and to decide on what action to take over a particular application at a particular time. For example they may decide to call applicants to an interview, to accept them unconditionally, to accept them provisionally depending on the results of their exams or to reject them. Admission tutors update the status of an application accordingly.

and? Your question?

commented: He needs help with his Erd. I think that's kind of like a Volkswagon... +2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.