Hello internet.

I am a college student in a computer-heavy field (GIS) and I'll be going into my last year in the fall. I took 2 classes for my major that were heavy on computer science and really liked them.

Unfortunately, I am too late into my college career to take any more classes, but I would really like to delve further into CS and IS. Could you guys recommend some books or online programs that teach computer science to beginners like me? Any help would be much appreciated.

CS is just a general category, very similar to the term "Business Administration". The books you will want to read will depend on your interests. Go to a local book store such as Bsrns & Noble and you will find hundreds of books in the CS field.

>>I am too late into my college career to take any more classes
Why? What's stopping you from getting a second degree? Many students have duel majors, you should discuss that with your college counselor.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.