deviliq 0 Light Poster

hi there,

I'm currently searching for a possible topic for my thesis/final project in my course, ComSci.
i have decided to limit my scope on applications related to nature and the environment (not business management apps, specially ;p).

For now, i am taking a keen interest on applications related to the weather (like weather prediction/forecasting, storm warning through sms, or maybe a bad weather decision support system).
i just couldn't make up my mind as to what to do with the 'weather'... -_-' :(
if you have any thoughts, please post! ;)

also, i'm clueless about the technologies that could possibly help me (like google maps? or any open source GIS? or any GIS integrated with weather viewing features?) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! ;)

in case i'd be needing some inputs from a satellite, well... i thought i'd launch my own... LOL but it will be virtual though... a mock satellite object.
yep, i thought dis project could possibly be just a prototype. :D

I also can't decide which programing language to use. I know VB.Net, Java, PHP. i'm not sure if should make it a web app, or a distributed system, or a stand-alone app...

thank you sooo much if u cud enlighten meee!!! :)
:D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.