I have to do my project in next year,therefore i want to select language for do it.
My problem is, i have to study JavaSE... Than i hope to go project class its conduct JavaEE.
I hope to make utility for change windows-registers or linux-registers.So I think Java should not match for it...
I'm very like to learn Prolog & I like to do project using it...

Plz.....help me to solve my problem,I cant manage all those thing with my others....
I'm not a super intelligent human...:idea:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Rule of thumb: It takes about 1 month for a not-so-super intelligent person to "learn" a new programming language well enough to actually write a useful app. About 5 or 6 months later, if you are still using that language, you will look back on your early code and be embarrassed. About 6 to 12 months after THAT, if you are still using that language, you will have become proficient. (Total to proficiency, about 2000 hours of serious use). These numbers are of course not accurate for each person, and not "proven" statistically, but in my experience they are about right.

If you want to learn a new programming language and you have enough time then making yourself do a project in that language is a very good way to learn it, but you will be embarrassed about some of the early work. Be sure to spend some time on design as the very first step, particularly to be sure the design is not too tightly coupled, so at least you can go back and fix the worst spots without too much trouble.

For Linux system programming, C or C++ is the obvious choice. For Windows, C, C# or C++ are the obvious choices, but anything Microsoft supports will do. I personally am a fan of Python. You are right that Java is not an obvious choice for systems programming: It was designed not to be good at accessing platform details. For instance, I worked on a project that needed to know the errno returned from each command (we were testing compilers against edge-case code). We ended up writing a little C driver to start the command and report the errno back to the Java app. Ugly!

Another rule of thumb: You will spend 70% of your time on the user interface, 30% on the actual 'working parts' ... and the remaining 50% of your time debugging! :) But seriously: How the program you write interacts is harder to get right than it looks at first, and that is the part that users actually see, and learn to love or hate.

Good guideline for me to follow...Thank you very much for you....
As you mention if you I have enough time...........

by the way,
Are there anymore suggestions??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.