Greetings,

I am a student from Greece, currently studying Computer Science & Telecommunications.

The time to choose a Bachelor thesis topic is approaching and I haven't come up with anything yet.

I know I would like it to be modern and be about innovations of today, and I don't mind if it is a little too hard or too theoretic.

I am mostly interested in algorithms, cloud computing ( and it's impact on mobile phones/mobile networks ), distributed systems, database optimisation, pattern recognition, machine learning.

I know that might be alot and way too scattered in the field of CS, I'm just listing anything I'd care to study about. I need to narrow down my options and come up with any ideas.

Think you guys can help me with some valuable input, please?
Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You gave the answers to your question yourself!
Why not do something on: Cloud computing and it's impact on mobile phones/mobile networks.

Because I am not sure whether this seems more like an essay question than a thesis topic. That's what I fear about with most of the ideas that I come up with.

Thanks for your input.
I was waiting for more opinions but yours did help alot.

Greetings,

I am a student from Greece, currently studying Computer Science & Telecommunications.

The time to choose a Bachelor thesis topic is approaching and I haven't come up with anything yet.

I know I would like it to be modern and be about innovations of today, and I don't mind if it is a little too hard or too theoretic.

I am mostly interested in algorithms, cloud computing ( and it's impact on mobile phones/mobile networks ), distributed systems, database optimisation, pattern recognition, machine learning.

I know that might be alot and way too scattered in the field of CS, I'm just listing anything I'd care to study about. I need to narrow down my options and come up with any ideas.

Think you guys can help me with some valuable input, please?
Thank you.

Studying something as the topic of ur thesis requires genuine interest in the topic. Besides if its something innovative, it helps even more. May be going for cloud computing would be a good option.

I've got a good one for you, which could combine most of your interests.
I would go with WMS software as a service. It's the new trend, it combines cloud computing ,DBs, distributed systems and you've got something that almost nobody in Greece knows much about.
Don't blame me during the long nights if you go with this. Even worse, don't blame me if you choose to focus your career on this subject (Trust a WMS programmer/admin).

PS: Kali epitixia patriotaki.

Machine learning, how about Bayesian learning. That study will lead you down a lot of interesting roads and there's a lot to study and learn about in probability and statistics--probability can be applied to so many other fields as well.

Thank you all for your input!
I still haven't come up with anything yet but I'm getting somewhere.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.