Hi World,

Im stuck on my Computer Science Homework. Ive found out that I need to compare it to a full adder and that is that. Can someone help me go step by step through it at I have to hand it by Friday and I am quite confused. I have aspergers and so have a hard time during lectures understanding. I have done all the questions except this one.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hmm... Very difficult to read what in the picture because of the low resolution. Anyway, here is what I got from it...

+---+---+---+---+---+---+
  | 1 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 |
  | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 |
In your own word, describe the function of the above circuit. How did you come up with this conclusion.

I'm not sure what the table alone means. Do you think it is similar to A, B, C, D and the result of X, Z?

I suggest you re-arrange the labeling of the input. If you compare this circuit with the circuit of a normal full adder then B and C are the standard inputs (A, B) and D is the carry. I am not sure what A does, except to act as a carry-enable.
So make A high and cycle the others such that D, C, B = (0, 0, 0) (0, 0, 1)etc
You output X, Z should then closer reflect the output of a full adder

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.