Hi Members,

i would like to ask some personal question to all of you.I am having 3years of computer programming experience and i am looking to do MS from US.I personally from my experience feel that masters degree is not required to become a good computer programmer.So i am planning to do masters in software engineering or masters in information systems.I need suggestions and feedback from you regarding this.I want my career path tending towards managing side of IT(like requirement gathering,requirement analysis,quality assurance) instead of core programming.Which degree would you suggest to me for this?Please help its urgent for me to know?

Thanks,
S.

I personally from my experience feel that masters degree is not required to become a good computer programmer.

You don't need any degree to become a good programmer. You may need a degree to get a job as a programmer, but typically that's for your first job and subsequent employers only care about experience.

Judging from your desired path, I'd go for the IS course since it's more in line with where you eventually want to be. Not to mention that general IS knowledge is beneficial as a developer too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.