Hello everyone... I am new to the programmers world...
Can anyone tell me if i can find a version of C or C++ for symbian? s60 v3?
I want to write C/C++ programs but from my mobile phone... I have been searching the internet for the last 4 hours and did not find a thing that can help me...
Thank you for your help

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

>>from my mobile phone
Do you really mean you want to write a progrm for your mobile phone? I know of no compiler that runs on a mobile phone. You will first have to find out what operating system it is running. Is it Microsoft Mobile 5.0 or something else. If its Mobile 5.0 then you will need Microsoft VC++ 2005 Pro edition -- the free Express edition doesn't support writing mobile programs. PocketPC and Smartphone are also Microsoft operating systems and you can get a free compiler from Microsoft for them -- eVC++ 4.0

No. I don't mean to write programs for my phone.. not right now... I want to write and compile programs in c/c++ ... basic program for now... like solving a second grade equation... so... writing and compiling c/c++ programs from my mobile phone.
I have nokia e61i... it has Symbian OS 9.1, Series 60 v3.0 UI

>>and compiling c/c++ programs from my mobile phone
Forget it. Mobile phone don't have enough memory or disk space. It needs about 400 meg RAM and about 20 gigs hard drive (depending on the compiler, some more and some less). Even if there were such a thing it would be too slow to be of any value. Get a normal PC or notebook and use that for your programming.

thank you for you time

Dear morons. 400mb ram and 20 gigabytes was unimaginable when C++ was made. At that time 1mb Hdd was too much and ram was less that 256Kb.

check this thread out mate, and if u can modd ur phone, you can probably run Windows 95 on it as well. check it out on youtube, ive done it on my E5 and they did it on an E63. E61i is a very old phone though...

commented: morons ? who is calling the kettel black? -4

Dear morons. 400mb ram and 20 gigabytes was unimaginable when C++ was made. At that time 1mb Hdd was too much and ram was less that 256Kb.

check this thread out mate, and if u can modd ur phone, you can probably run Windows 95 on it as well. check it out on youtube, ive done it on my E5 and they did it on an E63. E61i is a very old phone though...

Dear jackass. Please learn to read for comprehension before acting like a jackass. You clearly didn't understand what was written before mouthing off.

what he meant was that he wanted to run programs to compile c++ programs on his phone... So if he can run dosbox on it, he can run turbo c++ on it! Yeah i know i messed
the links.. But the facts were absurd!

commented: Once again you failed to understand the thread before commenting. -4

A phone running at it's peak already will not have enough memory of storage to compile/debug/build programs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.