Please see my post in the Community Introductions also.

I know a little about C++. I'm committed to working in the DEV-C++ IDE environment. I want to learn very simple graphics. I went to the website: www.uniqueness-template.com/devcpp/ and found there the commands "moveto" and "lineto" as well as the linker setup of DEV-C++ to use some graphics. With that, I managed to make some lines where I wanted them on the screen.

Question: What are some of the other neat commands to make graphics? Where is there a tutorial for simple graphics, like for plotting the data from the solutions to equations?

Thanks for any help,

Mauri

You'll have to look through the documentation to see what you can do.

Besides lines and various shapes and bitblts and text there isn't much more BGI can do. It is a really old architecture, and DOS-centric.

I would actually suggest playing around with SDL. It is more powerful and multi-platform. (And very easy to use.) IMO, the WinBGI stuff is good for porting old Borland DOS graphics programs to work in Win32, but that's about it.

There's nothing wrong with it though. Just play around with it and think of what you would like to do.

Hope this helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.