When I click on any of my menu bar, the menu wont expand or sometimes it does but missing some. I tried reinstalling and resetting it but it still doesn't work. Please help. Thanks.

I attached a print screen of the problem.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Enable the Expert option -- Tools --> Settings --> Expert Settings. You will get additional menu items.

That didn't work. This started happening after I installed NVDIA drivers.

Try running windows in safe-mode and starting VS. If it looks normal, your new drivers are to blaim.

Hi garu525, did you find a solution to your problem?

I am having the exact same problem with VS 2010 on Vista and NVIDIA graphics HW (Quadro PCI-E, using latest driver 7.14.10.9687).
Menus get blurred and it looks like it's slowing down VS 2010.
Changing resolution to 1024x1280 or going to Safe mode helps, but I don't want to do that...

I am very thankful for any help. I have googled all day, looks like Microsoft cannot help either (which I find very strange).

Hi garu525, did you find a solution to your problem?

I am having the exact same problem with VS 2010 on Vista and NVIDIA graphics HW (Quadro PCI-E, using latest driver 7.14.10.9687).
Menus get blurred and it looks like it's slowing down VS 2010.
Changing resolution to 1024x1280 or going to Safe mode helps, but I don't want to do that...

I am very thankful for any help. I have googled all day, looks like Microsoft cannot help either (which I find very strange).

I believe your currently running Windows 7 basic theme.. Go control panel -> appearance and personalization -> Change theme... choose an aero theme.. (You can always change your wallpaper later)..

Right click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings(in the side bar) -> Advanced Tab -> Settings (The Performance one)... Now put a check mark in "Let windows choose whats best for my computer".. save the settings, exit all and then open vs2010 and see..

If the problem is still there, go get a different driver or update your graphics driver..

Thanks for your suggestions, but unfortunately they did not help.
Aero theme made my computer crash (I am using Vista...),
and old themes (like Windows Classic) still has the problem.
("Let windows choose..." was already set.)

Guess I need to go driver hunting :-/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.