Hey everyone , I have a Mid semester Exam next week and I need to study the basics of programming a C++ programs. can anyone recommend or help me with some basics or link me something which could help me revise things faster and make it easier. i am sturggling and help would be great thanks.

the topics included will be

-introduction to computer systems; binary number; simplest C++ programs

-data types, binary representation of integers, 2's complement

-variable declarations; read and assign values; typecasting

-basic program design; IPO diagram; pseudocode; selection, switch

-loops in pseudocode and C++; different type of loops

if there is any multiple choice links or questions i could do online please link me or if there is any other way can help me it would be greatly appreciated thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Surely you have been given learning material which covers these topic's?

Surely you have been given learning material which covers these topic's?

yeh i have , but its not helpful enough or im having a hard time understanding the basics

Make a list for yourself of precisely what is confusing about those topics, for example

Typecasting:  Is it necessary to cast my variable when I am doing XYZ
Twos compliment:  How do I handle negative numbers

etc.
Now you have a list of things you can search other sites for, like you can Google "C++ typecasting XYZ" or "2's compliment negative numbers". I know people on this site would be more than happy to help you with specific questions about specific areas, but you've got to figure out what those are.

commented: Very true, And good advice.. +5
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.