I use Borland C++ Builder ver 5 - and always want to make stand alone exes.

I now wish to create and use my own libraries.

I made a simple .cpp, ran "bcc32 -c mycode.cpp" to create mycode.obj, then ran "tlib
mylib +mycode" to create mylib.lib.

I created a .h to declare the functions in mylib.lib, and included that in another .cpp.

I treid to add to the Library path in Project Options - Directories/Conditionals - Directories, but it would not accept any changes. After I add to tht Library path - I can go back and look - and it's back to the original.

What else am I missing ?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Would you mind using Code::Blocks or gcc instead? And are you trying to create a static or dynamic or shared library?

Would you mind using Code::Blocks or gcc instead? And are you trying to create a static or dynamic or shared library?

Code::Blocks ?

Use GCC - WHY ? I use C++ Builder.

And static dynamic shared. ? I want to use libraries to avoid duplicating code over and over again in stand alone executables. I guess shared static. As I come up with new code, I'd add to the library. So dynamic as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.