I'm not sure where this post fits, but after staggering here and there I Thought I would throw it here!
I find difficult to make coordinates by hand (Not very good at x-y-z though I know the XY coordinate). Is there a tool that will allow you to draw let say a cube and it will give the coordinates for you? I use Ubuntu, but I will not mind if there is windows version!
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

OpenInventor is a pretty useful tool to make OpenGL programming easier by providing lots of built-in functionality.But there are many others.

I'm not sure where this post fits, but after staggering here and there I Thought I would throw it here!
I find difficult to make coordinates by hand (Not very good at x-y-z though I know the XY coordinate). Is there a tool that will allow you to draw let say a cube and it will give the coordinates for you? I use Ubuntu, but I will not mind if there is windows version!
Thanks

What are you using in conjunction with opengl? Maybe it already has what you are looking for. For example, glut has glutSolidCube(length), where is places the solidCube in the origin. But if not then you could just make a simple function that draw what you want in the origin then transform it from there.

Sorry guys I have been out of coverage for a while. Thanks for your answers. Let me check your answers!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.