Hello, I just downloaded the big integer library, and I want to use it in my prime number checking program. I downloaded the zip file and got a bunch of .cc and .hh files. I need to know what to do with the files, where I should put them, and what code to type to get C++ to actually use it.

I want numbers greater than 2.14*10^9 D:

Thanks.

PS. If it matters, the IDE I am using is Code::Blocks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If you are using Visual Studio, create a project name BigInt as a .lib project. Extract the files from the BigInt archive to the directory created by the project.

Drag/drop (or just add) the .cc files to the source folder and the .hh files to the header folder.

Eliminate the testsuite.cc and sample.cc
Complile the app.
Now, it's a library you can use.

Add an additional project to the workspace as an EXE project.
Make the BigInt project a dependency.
#include the full path of the BigInteger.hh file
Compile.

There are multiple samples in the sample.cc file.

If you re using a command-line compiler, see the makefile that is included with the archive.

If you are using Visual Studio, create a project name BigInt as a .lib project. Extract the files from the BigInt archive to the directory created by the project.

Drag/drop (or just add) the .cc files to the source folder and the .hh files to the header folder.

Eliminate the testsuite.cc and sample.cc
Complile the app.
Now, it's a library you can use.

Add an additional project to the workspace as an EXE project.
Make the BigInt project a dependency.
#include the full path of the BigInteger.hh file
Compile.

There are multiple samples in the sample.cc file.

If you re using a command-line compiler, see the makefile that is included with the archive.

I'm using codeblocks.

Bump.

If you've downloaded a bunch of .cc and .h files then you have the source files for the library. In this case, the easiest thing to do is to copy the files into a directory in the directory where you have the source for your project and then simply add them to the project in Code::Blocks. You do this by right-clicking on your project (in the left pane) and then choose "add files recursively..." from the context menu. Choose the directory that you put the files from the Big Integer Library in and then hit OK. This should add all the files to your project. Then you just need to #include the header files that you need in your own cpp/h files. So, if you had the library files in a directory called "BIL" then you'd do:

#include "BIL/BigInteger.hh"

Hope that helps :o)

If you've downloaded a bunch of .cc and .h files then you have the source files for the library. In this case, the easiest thing to do is to copy the files into a directory in the directory where you have the source for your project and then simply add them to the project in Code::Blocks. You do this by right-clicking on your project (in the left pane) and then choose "add files recursively..." from the context menu. Choose the directory that you put the files from the Big Integer Library in and then hit OK. This should add all the files to your project. Then you just need to #include the header files that you need in your own cpp/h files. So, if you had the library files in a directory called "BIL" then you'd do:

#include "BIL/BigInteger.hh"

Hope that helps :o)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.