Hello again everyone,

I have just finshed a neat little c++ program, but now I just realized that I don't know how to save the file as an executable so that I can use the program on any computer whether or not it has a compiler. Please Help. PS: I am using Visual C++ and it is a command line program.

MuthuIVS

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

the compiler takes care of that for you. See the documentation on how to invoke it.

Sorry, but I haven't programmed for years, could you elaborate, what do you mean the compiler takes care of it, and where do I find the documentation for it ? Sorry for the novice question.

MuthuIVS

the compiler takes care of that for you. See the documentation on how to invoke it.

Look in the directory of your C++ project. In that directory, or in some subdirectory ('Debug' or 'Release'?) should be your exe, once it's been built.

>could you elaborate
I'd be happy to elaborate. jwenting was saying to RTFM. If that doesn't work, tell us what compiler you're using and we'll tell you how to get an executable file out of it.

Thanks guys/gals,

I changed Visual c++ mode from debug to release and a executable program was created. Thanks again.

MuthuIVS

>could you elaborate
I'd be happy to elaborate. jwenting was saying to RTFM. If that doesn't work, tell us what compiler you're using and we'll tell you how to get an executable file out of it.

Debug will create one too, but somewhere else and including debug information (therefore likely larger and maybe slower).

please send me the step wise operation for
making the .exe file in c++

commented: You bumped a 5 year old thread for that?? -1
commented: can't you read the date of the thread before posting? +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.