Hi,
I am trying to develop a autocad like software in C/C++. Can any one suggest me how to start it with ?
Subrata

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You mean an application that includes all 3D functions? You would need a 3D graphics API like OpenGL or DirectX.

There are several APIs built over these(at least over OpenGL) that simplifies a lot of things. For eg: OpenSceneGraph.

So, you would basically need a good 3D API.

Hi myk,
Yes I need 3D and click event functions . My question is if I install OpenGL or Directx or other API in Windows 7 then does C++ compiler required for AutoCad like Application development ?
Subrata

>>Yes I need 3D and click event functions

The 3D APIs i mentioned provide the 3D functionality. For user interaction, you would need to use OS specific features. There are cross platform window management tools available too(like glut).

>> if I install OpenGL or Directx or other API in Windows 7

There is a version of OpenGL already present on Windows 7. You can start development with that, but it's deprecated.
LINK.

>> then does C++ compiler required for AutoCad like Application development

Did you mean what compiler you can use? You can use any good modern compiler like VC++.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.