Before you start complaining that this has been asked before, please hear me out
Hello,
I've been trying to write an simple application for windows that can send and recieve packetts over a network. I'm hoping to find some simple library that can simply open the port, and send a packett of data through. This doesn't need to connect to an external network, although instructions on how to do that would be greatly appreciated. One last thing, if you could explain how to impliment these pieces of code, that would be great. I'm not very good at taking snippets of code and customizing them to meet my needs.

Sincerely,
Nicholas.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The library to do this is called winsock. This is a standard Windows library and it is usually installed with any compiler you have and is also pretty simple to use. You can following this msdn guide to get acquainted with the library.

If you have any more specific questions about it, you're welcome to ask!

Thanks! I'll be sure to check that out!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.