Please help me with following problem (I am struggling in a class that I really shouldn't have taken, and I have absolutely no idea where to start, or how to continue with it):
Write a program that can be used to assign seats for a commercial airplane. The airplane has 13 rows, with six seats in each row. Rows 1 and 2 are first class, rows 3 through 7 are business class, and rows 8 through 13 are economy class. The program must prompt the user to enter the following information:
a. Ticket type (first class,business class,economy class)
b. Desired seat
Output the seating plan in the following form:
A B C D E F
R1 XXX
R2 *X
XX
R3 **XX
X
R4 XXXX
R5 XX

R6 XX
R7 X
XX
R8 *X
XX*
R9 XXXX
R10 XXXX
R11 **XX
R12 **XXX
R13 ****X

Here, * indicates that the seat is available; X indicates that the seat is occupied. Make this a menu-driven program; show the user's choices and allow the user to make the appropriate choices.
In addition, the program should begin by presenting a menu that has the following items to choose from: "Assign a Seat"; "Cancel a Reservation"; "Print the Seating Chart"; and "Exit the Program". Once a selection is made, process that selection. Break down the "Assign a Seat" into three separate choices: "Assign a First Class Seat"; "Assign a Business Class Seat"; and "Assign an Economy Seat".
Your should only print the seating chart when that selection is chosen from the menu.
The seating chart should only print when the "Print the Seating Chart" selection has been made, and must be initialized to all seats available.

(I am struggling in a class that I really shouldn't have taken

Then drop the course and take something else.

Post what you do know how to write then we can go from there to help you. No one here is going to write all of it for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.