Hello, I googled this and didn't found any good results. I found "GUI Toolkits for C++"...
I need a C++ eBook to teach me to use the windows library...

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Do you mean win32 api functions? They are very old and mostly obsolete now, better to use .NET functions using c++/CLR, C# and/or VB.NET.

If you still want to learn win32 api, it's too extensive a subject to be in one book. Microsoft Press has probably 10 or more books on that topic. AFAIK none of them are in ebook format. Here is a good tutorial that will get you started.

Ok...
Is there any other way to make GUI with C++?
And some out-of-subject question, Which programming languages does companies use to make their programs?

Most programs are written in C and C++, but C# and VB.NET are used quite a bit too. If you are asking about websites then that another entire bucket of worms.

Is there any other way to make GUI with C++?

You could use QT (link), which is a portable compiler meaning that any code you write can be compiled on both MS-Windows and *nix. Then there are a few old libraries such as wxWidgets.

Let's dig a bit deeper with our questions, perhaps. What is your project meant for? Do you need to use C++, or would another language be suitable? Do you already know C++ programming in general? What other languages do you know, and have you done GUI programming with any of them? What compiler do you intend to develop with?

I'm not thinking of a specific project...
I like programming, and I want to learn it. But I will not learn anything till I pick a language...
So I just asked cause I know the basics of C/C++/C#/VB and didn't like using the designer... I like to code my program. I liked C# but didn't find any possible way to make a program with only coding and didn't want to open up the main thread and delete everything else on the project each time I wanted to make a program with only coding+I don't want to wait for the form to launch till it create the other form so I wanted to learn C++ cause it's only coding thinking that there is a built-in way to make GUI...
I think I'll go back to C# and download/buy some eBooks...
Thanks a lot!

Have you consider any other languages such as Python or Ruby? The eBook Think Python is quite well regarded, and has a chapter on using the TKinter GUI system.

Have you consider any other languages such as Python or Ruby? The eBook Think Python is quite well regarded, and has a chapter on using the TKinter GUI system.

Nope I didn't...
Thanks a lot I'm going to study the basics of each so I may pick one of them.

Thanks all, again!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.