Dear programmers,
I have downloaded the program from here http://www.tightvnc.com/download/2.7.10/tightvnc-2.7.10-src.zip and want to compile with the vs2013 ultimate edition and get the following error.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Looks like you're trying to execute the library file. That's not how programs work. You run an executable (the program you built that contains a main function) and that program calls functions from this library.

what to do?

how is possible to make the program executable?

You start like this:

int main()
{

}

That's an executable program. If you want to use functions from a library, you call those functions.

Alternatively, you build one of the many, many executable programs in that set of code you downloaded. There are a lot of different projects in there. Some of them are exectuables.

i want to treat the whole one as complete project building and want to build on my own.
Please suggest a way to build the whole project.
Also i can understand the function int main and in which file of cpp it has to implement so that whole project will compile without throughing library error.
thanks

You're using VS. This download contained a "sln" file. That is a "solution" file. It contains many, many, many projects. There is no one "whole project". Some of those projects are libraries, and some of those projects are executables (which use the libraries).

yes,
How to solve the library error using the int main function??.
As the project is complete why it is throwing error???

How to solve the library error using the int main function??.

There is nothing to solve. It's fine. You're not meant to be able to run the library. Do you know what a library is?

As the project is complete why it is throwing error???

Because you are trying to execute a library. That is not what a library is for.

inclulide<stdlib.h> is a library function.

is there a need to add library in the current project???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.